Early works program
We’re starting to build the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network.
This year, builders will be moving power, water, gas, sewer and telecommunications lines so major construction can start from 2021.
Around 100 above and below ground services will be moved out of the way of North East Link.
What we'll be doing
- Moving two mobile telecommunications towers near the M80 Ring Road and Watsonia Station carpark a short distance from their current location.
- Moving two high voltage transmission towers at Watsonia Station carpark to the other side of Greensborough Road.
- Moving gas, power and telecommunications lines along the length of Greensborough Road.
- Building a new power substation on the Simpson Barracks side of Greensborough Road near Blamey Road. The substation will power the tunnel boring machines during construction as well as the tunnel ventilation system once North East Link opens.
- Moving power, water, gas, sewer and telecommunications lines at Borlase Reserve and moving the existing water pressure reducing station to Coleen Street Reserve to ensure the continued safe supply of water to homes and businesses.
- Moving power, water and telecommunications lines along the Eastern Freeway.
- Moving underground sewer lines in Yallambie and Bulleen.
- Temporarily realigning Banyule Creek north of Lower Plenty Road to keep it flowing during construction.
The early works program will be delivered by CPB Contractors. They’ll be working hard to minimise disruptions and speaking with local businesses and residents about works in their area, each step of the way.
To receive e-notifications before works start near you, sign up here