Apply to be an accredited bus operator
- Route bus service
- Demand responsive bus service
- Tour and charter bus service
- Courtesy bus service (other than a non-commercial courtesy bus service)
- Local bus service
Find out more about the types of bus service and operator requirements.
This section contains information on the bus operator accreditation application process, including:
- The application process and forms
- The fees you need to pay
- The ways you can demonstrate competence
- Your obligations once you are an accredited bus operator
- The information that must be contained on accredited bus operator number plates and how these should be displayed
- How to apply for an exemption.
The video below is a good starting point if you are thinking about applying for accreditation. It is also worth checking out the frequently asked questions about bus operator accreditation on this website.
A short guide to bus operator accreditation
This video explains who needs to apply for bus operator accreditation, how to apply, and the criteria you must meet to become accredited.
Since this video was made, the regulations have been updated to the Bus Safety Regulations 2020 (Vic) and the Taxi Services Commission has become Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV).